We could make entire careers out of trying to get into people’s houses. Heck, half the fun of the job we do is getting to see the transformation of our clients’ spaces. So we take every opportunity possible to see what lingers behind the front door. Having an Open House? We’re there. New development in the works? We’ve been through the model homes ATLEAST once. Halloween? You really think I’m not totally peeking into your entire first floor view as you hand my kid a Snickers bar? Think again. Heck, if you really have something interesting going on, we might just ‘trick or treat’ your house twice. Kids can be useful little things sometimes.
It goes without saying that designers are kinda the less creepy version of ’peeping toms’ in America. We have this deep, dark (okay, not so dark) urge to see WHAT. IS. GOING. ON. in there.
And that’s why God gave us home tours. Yes, home tours are glorious events held throughout the year that not only allow you into some of the best pieces of residential property in the city, but LET YOU HANG OUT AND TAKE PICTURES.
And pictures we take, my friends…
And sometimes, if you’re lucky, there’s food involved too.
And this year, it seems, Nashville is kickin’ off the home tour season right with all kinds of jam-packed ‘peeping tom’ weekends throughout the city. So we decided to give you a list of the top tours we are (so far) aware of with all the fantastic details for each as well as links to buy tickets (hey, they don’t just give this stuff out for free…although most of the time the proceeds go to charity or towards the neighborhood partnerships to keep these communities in enviable conditions).
City Lights Downtown Tour – Thursday, April 14th, 6pm to 10pm
- A fully integrated tour of the downtown circuit, with stops at the top high-rise condos Nashville has to offer (Encore, Terazzo, & Icon) complete with food and beverages from favorite local restaurants. Parking is included.
- Tickets: $25 each
- Where To Buy Tickets: http://www.nashvilledowntown.com/live/city-lights-downtown-home-tour
12th South Neighborhood Home Tour -Saturday, April 16th, 11am to 5pm
- Tour seven individual homes in one of Nashville’s new prime residential neighborhoods (not to mention my FAVORITE place to spend each extra ounce of my time). Each home is chocked full of architectural character and is a stone’s throw away from some of the best shopping and dining found in our ever-growing cooler city.
- Tickets: $10 each (free to military, fire and police personnel with I.D.)
- Where To Buy Tickets: www.12SouthTour.com
8th Annual Downtown Home Tour – Sunday, April 17th, 12pm – 6pm
- Most likely the best ‘bang for your buck’ of the tours listed. This is a self-guided tour of the more prominent and even some of the ‘best-kept secrets’ of downtown core living. Ticketholders can park free in the 501 Church Street parking lot and free shuttle service is provided by the Park It! Express shuttles.
- Tickets: $10 each
- Where To Buy Tickets: http://www.nashvilledowntown.com/live/live-it-up-downtown-home-tour
- Home & Garden Tour & Street Festival – May 7th (10am to 5pm) & May 8th (Noon to 5pm)
This will be perfect inspiration for anyone with a patch of dirt and a green thumb as this ‘twofer’ will have a myriad of homes on the historic registry as well as the accompanying gardens. With a weekend street festival to boot, this will be one of the best opportunities to tour one of Nashville’s most elite and exclusive communities.
Tickets: $15 for Adults; $10 for Kids 12 & Under
Where To Buy Tickets: http://www.rwena.org/
For those of you home-tour-aholics out there, we assure you this is just the beginning of what’s to come. But any one of the above events will be a great and inexpensive way to get some great inspiration as well as fill the never-ending curiosity of ‘what’s behind door #1′ in your favorite neighborhood or building. Give us a head’s up if you think you’ll be able to make it out to one (or more!) and we will be happy to guide you along and share in your ‘oohs, aahs, and hallelujahs’. Seriously, this is kinda our religion…
Miranda & April